If the links above do not work, please send an email to email@example.com and we will send you the application directly.
Submissions by email are preferred.
To apply, the following must be received by March 15, 2015:
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee. (Make check payable to TOP Opera, or pay online here)
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation from a voice teacher, vocal coach or stage director you have worked with. Emails are preferred
- Singers: A head shot and a full-length photo in JPEG form. Snap shots are fine for the full-length photo.
- Pianists: please send us a snapshot of yourself. Same format as above.
- A resume detailing opera and musical theater performance experience, (including scenes). Please include a list of repertoire prepared, but not yet performed.
- If applying for financial assistance, please include the scholarship form and a scanned copy of your most recent 1040 form.
If you are sending materials by email, please put your NAME on the files! We get hundreds of documents entitled “My resume” or “Photo 1”
All Participants must be covered under a valid health insurance plan, and are responsible for their own travel arrangements between the US and Europe.
*Singers who cannot audition in person are required to send between 2 and 4 arias of contrasting styles. These must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2015
Early applications are encouraged. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by early March.
COST/PAYMENT SCHEDULE – SINGERS: The cost for the three week session is $1500.00 tuition plus $2000 for housing for a total of $3500.
COST/PAYMENT SCHEDULE – PIANISTS: The cost for the three week session is $1500. Pianists pay no tuition, but must cover the cost of their housing.
- Housing includes shared accommodation, two meals per day, a minimum of one voice lesson and one coaching session per week, acting and diction instruction, participation in concerts, master classes, guest lectures and the final staged production.
- The cost of lunches, snacks, laundry and incidentals is not included.
- Shuttle transfer between the Munich airport and Maurach is available at a discounted rate. This can be arranged once your flights have been booked.
There is a $500 discount for any singer who has attended the Westchester Summer Vocal Institute.
There is a $500 discount for any singer whose referral brings another participant (singer or pianist) to the program. ($200 discount for pianists.)
The discount will be granted once the person referred has applied, been accepted and paid his/her first tuition installment.